In order to complete our package of Social Media branding templates, I just finalized a smart object friendly Photoshop template for Twitter!
Looking at other Twitter background templates there were a few things that bothered me.
- Most were either limited to a set screen size, or didn’t have an editable twitter feed interface included
- “stuck” with a screen shot of the author’s twitter feed
- no way to show customized link color
So, here’s my attempt to provide a template that’s just a bit more flexible, and of course utilizes Photoshop smart objects!
Here’s a quick step by step that will help you see how simple using this template is:
Customize Your Twitter Feed
Double click the “Twitter” smart object layer (once you are done, all instances of the smart object will update. So it doesn’t matter which instance you edit).
Inside the smart object, the “Customize Me” layer group contains everything you need to edit:
- the profile pic (another smart object that will update all instances, including all of the smaller versions on each tweet)
- A link color group (just select all text layers and pick your color in one fell swoop!)
- Optionally you can also type in a custom screen name and company name. (if you want to really go over the top, you could customize each tweet too!)
Once you are done, just click save and close. The smart object will now update in the main template file!
Create your Background and Test with Different screen sizes
The Photoshop file includes 4 standard screen sizes to test your background on. Simply turn the appropriate layout group on or off.
- 1024 x 768
- 1280 x 1024
- 1680 x 1050
- 1920 x 1200
In order to update customize, just create your fabulous background, and turn each screen proof layer group on and off!