Phases Base Theme Gridwork – A WordPress Theme
Our base theme gridwork provides out-of-the-box responsive layouts, widgetized areas, and structure for WordPress sites.
Your site will be fully responsive, based on a flexible 12 column grid — just as every modern site should be!
Child Theme Support
For sites that need to launch OMg YeSTerDAY! the Base Theme Gridwork leverages the WordPress customizer to modify basic styles such as all colors, logo, background image (even with a cover fill!)
Three default menu locations, with two just for conversion and SEO bliss!
- Main Navigation (with out-of-the-box responsiveness all the way down to a hamburger phone display)
- 404 Error Page Links – never leave your visitors questioning where to go if they land on a page that doesn’t exist
- Front-end site map – provide a user friendly navigation tool of your site by crafting a site map of your pages… that you fully control all the way down to their labels and placement
Three Page Styles
Endless possibilities for crafting the perfect page with:
- Wide Page (no sidebar)
- Content Left (provides a sidebar on the right)
- Content Right (provides a sidebar on the left)
Structured and Flexible Widgetized Areas
- Top: place any content at the top of the page, above your logo and main navigation
- Footer One, Two, and Three: Three widget areas to provide a flexible and responsive footer area
- Footer Wide: a full width area at the bottom of your page
- Standard Sidebar: for use with Content Left, Content Right, and blog pages
- Slide Show Sidebar: a full width area at the top of your page
Standard HTML Tags and WordPress Styles
Provided unified, branded, and professional content with basic styles for all HTML elements and WordPress native styling.
The base theme framework is now structured to support the meta title, description, and canonical tags from the Yoast SEO plugin only. Previously, the theme would generate this data without the Yoast plugin. Sites not using Yoast SEO should install and activate the plugin prior to updating the theme.
CSS changes to font sizes
Generated headlines for Author and Archives pages have been updated
Minor code updates to use of article elements
Minor default CSS changes to slideshow sidebar
PHP adjustments improving single posts and the comment form
improved featured image functionality
Credit given where credit is due: A big thank you to all of our clients for continuing to push our creativity in both design and development to new area’s and to Inflow, our inbound marketing partners for working with us on our joint efforts in maintaining and adhering to current standards.
Use of and support for our Base Theme Gridwork is currently only offered to our clients.
To leverage this tool on your site, please contact us to assist you in developing a professional, brand focused site for your business.